Churches join together to create community center

By Michelle Brooks

Taken from the Jeffeson City News Tribune

Mark Dumas, left, and Terry Williamson erect a wall inside the Old Town Center on the corner of Atchison Street and Clark Avenue. Photo by Stephen Brooks.

Serving this Jefferson City neighborhood won’t look like a worship service. And the interior won’t look like a sanctuary.

But rays of light soon will shine through many, large windows to illuminate a place for community at 1015 E. Atchison St.

The Old Town Revitalization Company, which owns the building, has contracted with a group of churches to open the Old Town Community Center.