WHAT IS IT?
Families Forward is a rapid re-housing assistance program to assist working families transition quickly from homelessness to independent living. Families are supported for one year to achieve sustainability.
Who is eligible?
- Families must be homeless (in a shelter, under threat of imminent eviction or doubled up).
- Families must have at least one child in the home under 18 years of age.
- Families must have a baseline form of income.
How does it work?
- Clients choose their own apartment.
- Common Ground pays for 12 months of rent on a graduated basis until families have full responsibility at the end of the year.
- Families receive one-on-one support during the year to focus on budgeting and family goals.
How is it different?