Common Ground Community Building is available for use by members of the community.
Common Ground Community Building is available for use outside normal operating hours by members of the community.
Procedure for Requesting Facilities
- All requests for use of the facilities shall be made in writing using the attached application form and sent to Common Ground Community Building at 1015 E. Atchison Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101.
- Requests for building use must be submitted two weeks prior to the event or meeting.
- Scheduling will be done on a quarterly basis, Feb 1, May 1, August 1 and Nov 1. For groups who are requesting regular use of the building, include all dates in the quarter for which scheduling is requested.
- Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Common Ground reserves the right to decline any application or event.
- Occupancy of the first floor is limited to 49 persons. Second floor occupancy is limited to 20 persons.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere in the building or on the property.
- No alcohol may be served in the building or on the property.
- Food preparation is allowed but separate kitchen use agreement must be completed.
- No food is to be left in the refrigerator, and nothing is to be left on the counter-tops.
- Outside rear deck is for emergency egress only, no loitering.
- All events are to be concluded by 10 p.m. on any given day as the building is located in a residential neighborhood.
- Common Ground assumes no responsibility for property left on the premises by the applicant or the applicant’s guests.
Responsibility of User
- Any individual, group or organization using the Community Building is responsible for leaving the facility as it is found. All litter is to be placed in the trash container located in the driveway.
- Any damage to the facility by an individual, group or organization, as determined by the Common Ground Community Building Board of Directors, will be the financial responsibility of that group or individual.
- The person (over 21) who requests the use of the building MUST be present for the entire event.
- Any event involving children will have appropriate supervision and under no circumstance is any child to be left unattended. Appropriate supervision will be defined as a minimum of 2 adults present at all times. For groups larger than 18 a third adult is required.
- Any group or organization using the Community Building must assume full responsibility for personal injury to any participants and spectators.
- Any group or organization using the Community Building must provide a certificate of insurance acceptable to Common Ground Community Building prior to the use of the premises. Common Ground shall be included as an additional named insured on the Certificate of Insurance.
- Not-for-profit groups are exempt from rental fees.
- For-Profit groups and organizations: $20/hour.
- Private/individual events: a donation to assist in covering utilities and services is suggested.
- All fees are due prior to the event.
Contact Kristen Hilty, MSW, Director
[contact-form-7 id=”186″ title=”Contact form 1″]